25/09/2015

Maxi Dresses & Army Shirt


 First lot of my early autumn sewing projects. :)


Maxi dress made in satin fabric. The pattern is from Burda 4/2014 magazine. I sewn this dress as a birthday gift for my sister. She picked the pattern and fabrics herself. This is the second dress I made using this pattern, you can see the first one in here. This dress is sewn on Henrietta, overlocked on Bebe and hemmed on Cornelia


Front and side view of the bodice.


Back view.


Happy owner of the dress. :) My sister <3


My sister is a talented musician and she can wear this dress for her concerts as well as for casual events.


Another maxi dress for myself this time. I had this viscose fabric for this dress for a while and didn´t get to sew it. When I was starting to sew dress for my sister, I figured why not sew this one simultaneously? Having a few machines I don´t have to change the thread color for another project so it was easy sewing them along. This one is sewn on Agatha.


Front and side view of the bodice.


Back view.


Men´s army shirt in medium weight fabric for heavy use. The pattern is from the book Burda Style- Sewing Vintage Modern. This is a modern interpretation on men´s 1940´s shirt. I really enjoyed sewing this one, so many intricate details! :)


Shirt is hemmed on Cornelia with 3 different shades of thread to give the stitching ombre effect.


1940´s collars were so much more stylish then modern tiny ones! :)


Slip dress made in stretch-satin fabric with lace trims. The pattern is from Burda 7/2013 magazine. Slippery stretch-satin fabric was a bit difficult to work with, especially delicate shoulder straps. I made this dress to be worn underneath sheer dresses.


 Lace trim detail.


Stretch-satin top from the same magazine as the slip dress. This top is meant to be worn underneath sheer blouses that I love! I have quite a few chiffon fabrics in my stash waiting to be sewn. Both slip dress and top were sewn on Fiona.


Autumn coat made in college fabric. The pattern is from Burda 9/2013 magazine. I absolutely had to buy this fabric, the print is so beautiful! This coat is sewn mainly on Bebe and details such as pockets are sewn with Henrietta.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I' m in love with the dress! So proud to have such a creative sister :) Keep on sewing busy bee ;)

    ReplyDelete