01/06/2015

Summer is on the way!

Long time, no see... I was sewing a lot past time, but as I was so caught in sewing and getting my projects done, I somehow forgot to take the pictures. So I couldn´t really post any progress on this blog. Well, I´ll have to try better this aspect of creative process ;)

So, I finally took a few pictures of some of the projects I´ve made past two months, some are still untaken...

I made my first pyjamas! The pattern is from last year´s December issue of Burda. I used cotton flannel fabric and instead of piping I used (again) lace trim. I´m quite happy with it, I´ll make more nightwear in the future.

Detail of a pocket with iron-on patch.


Detail of a sleeve with lace trim. 


Asymetrical wrap-around skirt from January issue of Burda. This was super easy and quick sew. The skirt is fastend up with two buttons. I used slightly stretchy jacquard fabric.


Front edges are supported with petersham ribbon. The pattern suggest to leave all edges unfinished but I´m not a fan of frayed unfinished edges so I used my Bebe overlocker to finish all edges and hem as well.


Maxi dress in linen-cotton blend fabric. Dress is fully lined. Pattern is from last year´s April issue of Burda. This was quite a complicated pattern, it had many pieces and lining pieces had to be attached to main pieces separately rather then finished lining against finished garment. But it was fun. I have a fabric for another one. ;)  I entered "Summer´s most adorable outfit" sewing competition with this dress. Is it a winner? ;)

Detail of a bustier. Tiny heart shaped buttons and loops and of course a lace trim!


Back of the dress is knotted.


Satin blouse with gathered neck and sleeves from Burda 11/2013 and lace skirt from Burda 3/2013.


Jacquard dress with petersham ribbon embellishment from Burda 3/2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment