07/03/2015

Janome Coverpro 1000 CPX

I was thinking of getting a coverlocker for a while. Do I really need it? Since I´m never fully satisfied with double needle hem finishes on jersey fabrics, the answer was- yes,I do! 

After researching available coverlockers, I decided to get this one:


Janome CoverPro 1000CPX, nicknamed Cornelia. 

This is also my first Janome machine. So far I´m happy with it but of course I´ll be able to say more after having used her on my projects more.
 I´m also pleased with this machine´s design since I want my machines to be pretty as well as functional.  She´s surprisingly heavy, must have a lot of metal inside. :) 


Side views of the machine.


Back view of the machine.


Standard accessories that have come with the machine: set of needles (it uses EL x 705 system), large and small screwdriver, tweezers, nets, spool holder caps, lint brush, needle threader, attachment screws (for the optional accessories) and accessory box.


I bought these extra attachments (clockwise,starting with the big one): The Cover Hem Guide, Elasticator for attaching wide tapes and Adjustable Seam Guide for quilting etc.
I will be getting other attachments later, such as Tape Binder, Clear View Foot and Center Guide Foot. Oh and the Extention Table is a must! ;)


The machine has extra clear threading guides and needle tension guide on the side.


Test drive- 3-needle cover stitch- jersey fabric, front view. The jersey fabric didn`t need any  needle thread tension adjustments.


Test drive- 3-needle cover stitch- jersey fabric, back view. 


Test drive- 3-needle cover stitch- home dec fabric & cotton fabric, front & back view. Neither these fabrics needed any  needle thread tension adjustments.


My first project with Cornelia- Knit top hem using 2-needle cover stitch. Front & back view. 
This fabric was a bit tricky. I had to play with  needle thread tension and make test drives until I was happy with the result. 


I´ve invaded the kitchen table for testing Cornelia. I had to re-thread her and remove one of the needles for my project. It was very easy. 

I´m very happy with this machine, she will make hemming so much easier and faster!

P.S.: In the back you can see the latest addition to my stitching family, a Singer Featherweight 221K! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment