16/09/2015

Summer sewing vol. 4

Last lot of my summer sewing. September has been so far unusually warm but you can feel the autumn is definitely on it´s way. Lovely wools and tweeds, plaids and fake fur fabrics are waiting for me...

Bat-wing maxi dress in print satin and plain satin fabrics. Pattern is from Burda 6/2013 magazine. This dress has a seam under the bat-wing sleeve so it is figure hugging around hips. If you are making this dress, try it on and make fitting adjustments if necessary before sewing this seam ;) 

Back view. I like how the fabric flows on this dress. 

A detail of the fabric. Lovely print!

1960`s tunic made in cotton satin fabric. Pattern is from the book The Great British Sewing Bee.

Nice decorative zip on the back. I sewn the tunic so I get to use this zip! 

Dress in satin fabric. Pattern is from Burda 3/2015 magazine. A very comfy dress I wear a lot. :)

I love the print of this fabric. Obviously I´m into flower print ;)

1920´s midi dress made in viscose fabric. Dropped waistline typical for 1920´s. Pattern is from Burda 4/2015 magazine. This dress has large side-godets with round hem that are longer than hem in front and back of the dress. Nice, comfy pattern. 

A chiffon skirt I made for a friend. I drafted the pattern myself. Skirt is 3/4 length with a side slit and attached lining made in linen fabric in mini length.

Vintage nightie. The pattern is from Burda 12/2014 magazine.

If you are making this one, I suggest you make some serious adjustments to the bustier. It is very squashing even when I made it one size bigger. It is lined, the upper ruffle is sewn in between and under bust it forms a tube for the elastic so it isn´t possible to do any adjustments to it anymore. I overlocked the seams...
The hem has a tiny slit on both sides and a ruffle. I love those!

No comments:

Post a Comment