28/06/2015

Summer sewing vol.1

I have been trying to sew away my fabric stash. I get easily carried away in fabric store... I still have quite a bit of fabric left to sew so you´ll be seeing more ;) Here are some more pictures of my recently finished projects:

Lace blouse with gathered fronts. Pattern is from Burda 3/2013, one of my favorite issues of this magazine ;)

Viscose dress from Burda 3/2014 magazine. This was super tricky to sew! Bustier has a million parts and it is lined so there´s another million parts to sew. Luckily the flower pattern I chose, is forgiving and I didn´t have to worry about matching it. But imagine something like a cherry pattern, that would be impossible to match in countless seams in this bustier!


Dirndl skirt made in gingham and dupion taffeta fabrics. The apron is attached to the skirt all the way around. The pattern is from Burda 9/2014. 


Dirndl dress with button fastening made in cotton. The pattern is also from Burda 9/2014. Bodice and sleeves are embellished with piping. Tip! If you plan to sew buttonholes on piped-edge garment, trim the piping´s seam allowance to minimum so that the machine´s buttonhole foot won´t hit the extra layers. 


Dress can be worn with apron for a folk look.


Detail of the decorative topstitching. I used embroidery thread.


Full-skirted dress made in gingham. The pattern is from The Great British Sewing Bee - Sew Your Own Wardrobe. I love this book and the series as well. The patterns are timeless yet vintage inspired. I lengthened the skirt quite a bit and made the fit-adjustments. Great pattern, I will be make more of these 50´s style dresses!

Boyfriend shirt made in cotton blend fabric. This pattern is from the first Great British Sewing Bee book. 

Cook´s apron made in quilt-weight cotton fabrics. This pattern is also from the first Great British Sewing Bee book. This is my first apron! Finally I can cook without worrying that my clothes get messed. :) This is really lovely pattern with vintage elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment